1. What's your favourite comfort-read?
Archangel by Sharon Shinn, or almost any Mercedes Lackey book. Both have a bit of plot, and a bit of romance, plus happy endings all 'round. Archangel only gets a special mention because the main character's name is Rachel, same as mine.
2. What would your ideal day be like?
I would be woken up by something nice, like J, or just wake up on my own. I wouldn't have slept too much or too little, and I'd feel perky enough to hop straight out of bed. J would be awake already, and have cleaned up the kitchen and made me breakfast, something like a toasty or even crepes. I'd get to talk to both my mom and my dad in the morning, on the phone. My grandparents would be on vacation; I wouldn't have any classes or schoolwork that day. I would spend at least an hour excercising, and I would get wrapped up in some story idea and write for hours on end. J would make sure that I ate at regular hours, pick up after me, and not mind the fact that I couldn't tear my hands from the keyboard for more than a few seconds. I'd spend the evening with a bunch of friends, and bake something wonderful that recieved high praise from everyone. J and I would go out for a stroll, then come home and watch a movie or something and spend some time together. I'd fall asleep right away, and J wouldn't snore.
3. Describe an object that means a lot to you.
Hm, I don't have a lot of objects with sentimental meaning. I'd have to say that my camera is one of the things I have that's precious to me. It was a gift from my father, for one, and I've taken so many pictures with it that I treasure. Also, a lot of pictures that people probably wish they hadn't let me take, like the batch from a Spin-the-Bottle game. ^.^
4. What makes you laugh?
Wordplay and puns, mainly, but almost anything if I'm in high spirits or tired. If I'm tired (or have had a drink) very, very stupid things seem funny. Like the Japanese versions of Disney songs, for example. Oh, and Monty Python. I'm big on low-brow humor.
5. What's so great about anime, for you?
Basically, the Japanese and the pretty boys. I love listening to Japanese, especially when I managed to understand sentences or puns. (The puns are much harder.) Anime has amazing characters, both looks and personalities. There are a lot of series people falling in love, people being transported to other worlds, and other fun themes. Also, there are villains who are drop-dead gorgeous and have sexy voices, which always puts a smile on my face.
1. Leave me a comment saying anything random, like your favorite lyric to your current favorite song. Or your favorite kind of sandwich. Something random. Whatever you like.
2. I respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.
3. You WILL update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in the post.
5. When others comment asking to be asked, you will ask them five questions.